Incoming Students

ESPI incoming international students

Bachelor’s degree – Real Estate Business Manager (GESAI)

Available as a double-degree programme for incoming students from an ERASMUS university partner:
Université de VIVES and La Haute École Charlemagne (heCh)

Registered with the National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP) at undergraduate degree level, the Real Estate Business Manager (GESAI) programme is recognized as the best course in France, ranked n°1 by SMBG in the real estate category for the last 9 years.  It prepares students for successful careers in real estate management, sales, co-owned property management and asset management and allows students to obtain a professional licence for management, transaction and property management agent categories.


Bachelor’s degree (GESAI) – learning objectives

  • Set up and run a real estate business by obtaining a professional licence for management, transaction and property management agent categories
  • Ensure the preservation and the conservation of a property or a group of properties
  • Manage the administrative, financial and accounting dimensions of real estate property
  • Advise clients on how best to maximise the profitability of a property
  • Undertake a valuation of a residential or commercial property
  • Carry out technical monitoring, legal compliance and business intelligence work


October to March

This is the theoretical part of the course taught by expert practitioners, during which students build up a solid knowledge and understanding of the real estate sector, and more specifically real estate services including: property co-ownership, property management and transactions.


April to September

The internship is an integral part of the Real Estate Business Manager programme of study. The main objective is to give students the opportunity to put into practice the theory learnt in the classroom.

Bachelor’s Degree Programme:

You’ll study between 6 and 10 different subjects for each module:

MODULE 1   Real estate: applied fundamentals
MODULE 2   Real estate transactions in practice
MODULE 3  Co-owned property management in practice
MODULE 4   Lettings management in practice
MODULE 5   Contract accounting & taxation
MODULE 6   Real estate in practice
MODULE 7  Dissertation

General information for applicants

Once ESPI has received the final list of selected academic exchange students from the home institution, incoming students should send a completed application form and ERASMUS learning agreement (provided by the home university) to the International Relations Office before 31st July.

  • The exchange cannot be confirmed until the programme of study has been accepted by the home university and by ESPI’s international coordinator.
  • Students need to demonstrate they have reached level B1 in French according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages before taking courses at ESPI.
  • Except for occasional activities and modern foreign language classes, courses are taught in French.

Incoming international students will benefit from an orientation day organized by ESPI involving a welcome speech, an introduction to key members of staff, a campus visit and a presentation of useful services (housing grants, banking, telephone, internet, transport, etc.,). The date and programme for the orientation day will be sent to students by email once their learning agreement has been confirmed by their home university and by ESPI.

ECTS – European Credit Transfer System

The European Credit Transfer System is used by higher education institutions for international student exchanges. It is the basis of the learning agreement between the student, the host institution and the home institution, with each module being given a certain number of ECTS credits. The number of ECTS given to each module is calculated according to the overall learning commitment required of the student to achieve the intended learning outcomes of the module. The overall student learning commitment for a module is the sum of teaching hours, practical learning activities and time spent in individual study.

Academic recognition

A full-time academic undergraduate workload is equivalent to 60 ECTS in a full year, or 30 ECTS for a semester of study. The programme of study at ESPI is stipulated in the learning agreement drawn up with the relevant academic coordinator at the home university. Credits are given to students after successful assessment of learning. The ECTS system is based upon a transparent grading scheme. As a result, at the end of the exchange period ESPI will send a student’s grades to the academic coordinator at the home university. Only the modules in the learning agreement will figure in the official transcript.

ECTS grading system at ESPI

















Very good






18 -20

16 – 17

14 – 15

12 – 13

10 – 11

< 10

For EEA nationals, a valid national identity card or passport is enough.  For non-EEA nationals, you should be in possession of a valid passport and in some cases, you’ll also need to hold an appropriate VISA.  Contact the French Embassy in your home country for guidance.

Up to date information can be found on the web site of the  Ministry for Foreign Affairs

Finding accommodation in Paris

Groupe ESPI has set up agreements with an approved list of organisations in order to help you find suitable accommodation.  For further details, please see our approved housing partner page. For further details or if you need help reserving your accommodation, please contact us by email at

We also recommend you visit the International University Campus in Paris  web site.

Among the various accommodation options available to you (private rentals, shared accommodation, host family, hostel, university halls of residence, etc.), it’s important to choose the best solution according to your needs and budget.  Please note that host family and shared accommodation are the best solutions for students with restricted budgets.  If you’re looking to rent on your own, in shared accommodation or occupy a room in a private house, lokaviz advertises approved offers from carefully selected private landlords.

If you’re looking for a temporary solution to stay in Paris over the summer period, you can make a reservation with Paris Crous (student housing organisation belonging to the French Ministry for Education) or with FIAP (Foyer International d’Accueil de Paris), an organisation that welcomes young visitors to Paris from around the world.

Finally, Groupe ESPI is available to help its international students find single rooms in student halls of residence.  For further details or if you need help reserving your accommodation, please contact us by email at

Finding accommodation in cities outside the Paris area (Nantes and Marseille)

Groupe ESPI has set up agreements with an approved list of organisations in order to help you find suitable accommodation.  For further details, please see our approved housing partner page.

Accommodation outside Paris is considerably cheaper and also easier to find.  Whatever type of solution you are interested in, please contact us to put you in touch with approved private landlords or real estate agents.  Groupe ESPI is also available to help its international students find single rooms in student halls of residence.

In any case, whether you’re in Paris or in the regions, students who sign a rental contract in due form for accommodation that measures at least 9m² are entitled to government housing benefit.  Please ensure your application is complete, otherwise it will be refused.  An online simulation is available for the amount you’re entitled to according to the type of accommodation on the French Social Security (CAF) web site

Medical services

In France you are free to choose your own doctor.  You can easily make an appointment online at

Health and medical insurance

Students from the EEA are insured via their own national system, and you should apply in your country to obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) valid for a maximum period of one year.  In addition to the EHIC card, we strongly recommend you take out complementary health insurance with a French company upon your arrival to ensure you are reimbursed for part of your medical and prescription costs. It is also worth considering taking out comprehensive travel insurance for the duration of your stay.  If you’re a non-EEA international student, you are required to take out your own healthcare insurance through comprehensive cover taken out in your country, or via an insurance company in France.


We recommend you contact your home university concerning the type of insurance you have as an overseas student. If any doubt persists, or if you wish to have extra insurance, it is worth considering taking out additional cover, such as travel insurance.

One semester exchange for incoming exchange students coming from our partner Universities

  • ESAI – Ecole Supérieure des Activités Immobilières
  • Université de Soongil
  • ASBU – Social sciences Univresity of Ankara


International Relations Coordinator


Co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union